(509) 248-4900 Fax: (509) 248-0609
Monday to Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Dan Soriano's feet give him fits. They have for a long time now. But Dan Soriano is not one for sitting around. "I'm a go-getter," he says. "I like to get up in the morning and go-go-go."Read More
Seventy five percent of Americans will experience one or more of 300 different foot ailments. Changes and/or pain in the feet and ankles are not normal. Pay attention to dry skin, brittle nails, burning and tingling sensations, feelings of cold, numbness and discoloration, and contact us when these signs appear. Serious systemic medical conditions like arthritis, diabetes, nerve and circulatory disorders often show their initial symptoms in the feet. Even bunions, hammertoes and ingrown nails lead to a compromise of foot function. We are here to eliminate these irritating problems and return you to full health and physical vitality.
Here are our primary services:
- Foot and Ankle arthritis
- Athlete's Foot
- Flat Feet
- Foot and Ankle Injuries
- Forefoot Surgery
- Rearfoot Surgery
- Heel Pain
- Sports injuries
- Ankle sprains and instability
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Fractures and other Injuries of the foot and ankle
- Achilles tendinitis
- Ingrown nails and other dermatologic conditions
- Diabetic foot conditions
- Charcot foot
Diabetes is reaching epidemic proportions in the United States. The diabetic population currently tops 16 million people, a 33% increase in the past decade. There are many serious complications associated with diabetes, including kidney, heart, vision, circulatory and foot problems. Many of these potential problems can be minimized with life style changes, medications and other preventive care.
Diabetic Wound Care And Limb Loss PreventionIf you suffer from diabetes, you’re prone to infection from even minor injuries. Many people lose sensation in the feet, making it difficult to detect injury.
Check your feet daily for redness, blisters or injury. If you experience any numbness, tingling or have wounds or abnormalities of any kind, make an appointment to see us immediately. We offer skilled diagnosis and treatment in coordination with your primary care physician.
Diabetes is the leading cause of non-traumatic amputation in the United States, and amputations, or partial amputations, of the feet and legs are growing. Our first goal is always prevention of limb loss. Amputations and other surgeries due to infections of the feet can be significantly reduced
Dr. Orminski founded Yakima Memorial Hospital's Wound Care Center and is current co-Medical Director. He remains very dedicated to the LEAP (Lower Extremity Amputation Prevention) program
Medicare Diabeteic Shoe Program
Yakima Podiatry Associates is an authorized Medicare Supplier, approved to evaluate and prescribe high quality shoes and three pairs of removable protective shoe inserts per calendar year. Many diabetic patients qualify for this benefit. Medicare pays 80% of the cost for both shoes and insoles; your supplemental insurance is responsible for the other 20%.
Diabetes cannot be cured but it can be managed. Your health and lifestyle choices can help prevent the onset of diabetes or control symptoms once it’s been diagnosed.
Weight control is key to the prevention and management of diabetes. If indicated, our physician encourages their patients to benefit from reputable and supportive weight control programs like Weight Watchers.